Please contact Eric Patton, 509-397-3119 or email@example.com for application. Open until filled, for best consideration please have application materials in by March 12, 2018. EOE
- Serves as secretary to the district; school board, superintendent and building principal. Composes, formats and prepares a wide variety of correspondence as needed or requested. Also prepares memoranda, newsletters, bulletins, forms, reports, records and other materials; duplicates and distributes materials; screens calls, maintains appointment calendar; schedules meetings; opens and routes mail.
- Greets students, parents, staff and the public; answers a wide variety of telephone and in person inquiries; promotes positive public relations for the district.
- Maintains a variety of required records, such as budgets, student counts, enrollment, attendance and other administrative records.
- Prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders for the school and Associated Student Body (ASB) program; orders supplies, materials and equipment; processes, stocks and distributes materials; tracks expenditures; processes invoices, payment orders and other administrative requirements.
- Maintains and reports payroll records for building staff.
- Performs a variety of specialized functions, such as enrolling and withdrawing students, data processing, maintenance of facilities calendars, and other administrative support assignments.
- Coordinates the work of student assistants volunteers assigned to the office; provides training and guidance; assigns and reviews work.
- Tracks a variety of deadlines to ensure timely completion and filing of a variety of reports and responses.
- Promotes positive and effective public relations with parents and the general public.
- Greets and orients substitutes to the building; provides other assistance as needed.
- Provides a variety of building and program services to create a positive learning and teaching environment.
- Provides secretarial assistance to appropriate administrators, staff, and volunteers.
- Along with other authorized personnel may provide first aid to ill and injured students and assesses need for emergency assistance or parental contact. May dispense medication as per district policy.
- Models appropriate and cooperative behavior, including protecting confidential information, consistent with ethical guidelines.
- Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Attends pertinent workshops and training sessions at the request or direction of the principal.
- Compiles appropriate requested information.
- Attends all board meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Secretary (the following are the responsibilities of the secretary of Steptoe School District)
Daily and as needed:
- Phone and mail
- Attendance: Call parents as necessary
- Order building, teaching and cafeteria supplies
- Help in cafeteria as needed
- Data entry (includes but not limited to)
- Skyward student management
- Staff clock hours
- Attend school programs
- Bus mileage
- Grant management
- Board meetings:
- Board packets, financial reports, minutes at board meetings
- Advertise budget hearing, meeting changes and special events
- Other duties as requested
- Reconcile petty cash and impress accounts
- Preschool billing
- Enrollment reports
- Collect information for ESD business manager
- Time sheets
- Accounts payable
- All other information that may be needed
- Fuel tax report
- Unemployment report
- Safety meetings
- Transportation counts and ridership reports
- School Registration
- Bus drivers:
- Meet current requirements
- Maintain Documents
- Schedule random drug tests
- Non-high report
- Insurance renewal
- Help develop school calendar
- Staff contracts
- 8th grade graduation certificates
- Federal and state grant expenditure reports
Other duties as assigned or requested